Reports to: Deputy Director of Programs (50%) and Deputy Director of Retention & Recruitment (50%)
Status: Full-time, 3-month contract (not an employee of Dream Corps Tech)
Start Date: March 23, 2020
Location: San Mateo, CA
Dream Corps closes prison doors and opens doors of opportunity. We bring people together across racial, social, and partisan lines to create a future with freedom and dignity for all. We are working to build a future wherein "we the people" means all of us.
Dream Corps Tech, a program of Dream Corps, cultivates future leaders and entrepreneurs from underrepresented backgrounds across the country. We are creating a pipeline of diverse talent that will shift the culture of the tech sector.
Dream Corps Tech (formally #YesWeCode) is launching its coveted Training Cohort in San Mateo, CA, in partnership with Survey Monkey! By partnering with corporate and community organizations in the local area, Dream Corps Tech will provide approximately 5-10 participants a unique opportunity to train and learn skills directly related to roles they will fill for partnering organizations. That’s right … guaranteed job placements!
The Student Success Coordinator will be responsible for executing Dream Corps Tech’s cohort program strategy, supporting the participants throughout their training and job placement processes. Key responsibilities include:
Corporate Partner/Volunteer Engagement
• Working with cohort corporate partners to secure ongoing partnerships with their internal teams and departments who will host and place program participants (i.e. HR-Talent Acquisition)
• Working with cohort corporate partner hiring managers to design/coordinate engagement events/activities for the participants (i.e. learning events, career and hiring events)
• Sourcing and coordinating the cohort corporate partner’s internal business network for volunteers and professional mentors (i.e. ERGs or Infinity Groups, D&I Department)
• Coordinating volunteers to engage with program participants
• Creates, maintains, and keeps detailed records and notes of all cohort proceedings
• Supports cohort coordinators and instructors in successfully cultivating a deep sense of community with a focus on mentorship, accountability, and continuous feedback
• Sets up, validates, and monitors data analysis requirements, monitors progress towards placement targets & supports cohort coordinators with identifying data trends and opportunities
• Supporting and guiding candidates through the training and placement process
• Implementing feedback systems that aid in the soft-skills development of participants
Your application was submitted successfully.