Reports to: Dream Corps Deputy Director, Development
Location: Oakland, CA (beginning as working remotely pending reopening of the Dream Corps office)
Salary Range: $45,000-58,000 annually, Depending on Experience
Dream Corps closes prison doors and opens doors of opportunity. We bring people together across racial, social, and partisan lines to create a future with freedom and dignity for all. We are working to build a future wherein "we the people" means all of us.
The Development Department makes it possible for Dream Corps to achieve its overall goals by building diverse and sustainable funding streams for all its programs through a mix of foundation, corporate, and individual donor support.
The Development Assistant will help in the submission of grants and management of foundation and donor records, while providing administrative support for fundraising work throughout the Dream Corps. The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented with a passion for constantly improving systems and procedures. Organizational skills should include the ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast-changing environment.
Grantwriting and Foundation Support
- Proofreading grants
- Processing grant agreements and filing them appropriately
- Filling out wire transfer firms/verifying banking information
- Gathering attachments for proposal submissions (ie 990s, board lists, staff bios)
- Uploading text and attachments into grant portals
- Assisting with grant writing and assembling boilerplate language as requested
- Conduct prospect research for potential foundation funders
Database Support and Recordkeeping
- Data manipulation in spreadsheets to help with uploads into Salesforce
- Data entry for current records and data clean up for old records, such as filling in missing information in Salesforce
- Enter donations from online payment processors and checks into Salesforce
- Perform additional tasks to ensure data hygiene and accurate record keeping as directed by the Dream Corps’ Salesforce Administrator
Major Donor Support
- Conducting research on potential major donors using wealth screening tool (currently iWave)
- Support Development team with major donor outreach
Additional Department Tasks
- Editing and proofreading department materials such as external newsletters and funder collateral
- Filling out nomination forms or conference/speaker bios for funder events
- Participating in meetings and taking notes as requested
- Generating and sending acknowledgment letters
- Supporting fundraising campaigns including the end of year campaign
- Using Asana to support the tracking and completion of department tasks
- Quarterly tasks such as updating GuideStar and CharityNavigator reports and acknowledgment letter content
Skills and Attributes
- Commitment to collaboration. At Dream Corps we are committed to using our established communication tools as a way to build relationships and create a future that is good for us all.
- The mindset of our staff impacts our work. Possession of the following attributes will help you be successful on our team: flexibility, honesty, humor, inclusivity, and open-mindedness. We work hard and are action oriented in our approach to solutions.
- Ability to connect with people from diverse backgrounds and life experience is essential.
- Highly organized
- Strong attention to detail
- Communicate effectively with a racially diverse team and community
Nice to Haves
- Experience in an administrative position, preferably in a nonprofit
- Desire to develop experience in nonprofit fundraising
- Familiarity with or demonstrated ability to learn customer relationship management (CRM) systems. Prior experience with Salesforce a plus
- Proficiency in Google Suite (Docs, Sheets, Slides)
- Interest in working with a multicultural and diverse staff and a passion for social justice