Reports to: Deputy Director of Engagement
Location: Bay Area preferred, open to remote working for right candidate
Salary Range: $58,000-74,000, Depending on Experience and Location
Dream Corps closes prison doors and opens doors of opportunity. We bring people together across racial, social, and partisan lines to create a future with freedom and dignity for all. We are working to build a future wherein "we the people" means all of us.
#cut50 is a bipartisan effort to cut crime and incarceration across all 50 states. We bring together leaders impacted by the criminal justice system with unlikely allies spanning the political divide to push for criminal justice solutions.
Green For All fights for a world that is green for all, not green for some. We work at the intersection of environmental, economic, and racial justice movements to advance solutions to poverty and pollution.
Dream Corps Tech cultivates future leaders and entrepreneurs from underrepresented backgrounds across the country. We are creating a pipeline of diverse talent that will shift the culture of the tech sector.
Dream Corps seeks an experienced digital organizer looking to join a dynamic team and who is eager to learn and grow. The Dream Corps Digital Organizer will be responsible for supporting our programs in developing and implementing strategies and tactics for their campaigns, events and projects that leverage people power in order to increase engagement and impact.
Work with programs to develop, refine and implement digital actions, events and campaigns.
- Develop and deploy digital strategies and tactics in support of campaigns and organizational goals.
- Create engagement campaign plans in collaboration with programs as well as with the Communications and Development departments.
- Develop strategic calls to action for campaigns.
- Build and oversee SMS campaigns in Mobile Commons and ThruText.
- Build action pages (petitions, Letter to the Editor action, surveys, etc.) in Action Kit
- Develop and oversee flow and timeline for email and SMS campaigns.
- Work with programs and communications teams to develop messaging for emails and SMS.
- Leverage a broad range of digital tools in support of campaign and engagement goals.
- Run the backend tech and/or host and facilitate public-facing webinars.
- Attend meetings with programs as needed and report back to the engagement team.
- Coordinate any additional support needed from the engagement team.
Support engagement goals and projects for the Dream Corps.
- Generate reports to share across teams in order to assess impact of campaigns.
- Support the development and management of volunteer teams and other infrastructure for more deeply engaging our members.
- Support special projects as needed.
- Provide support to other programs as needed for campaigns or projects.
- Support healthy maintenance of digital infrastructure and platforms including data maintenance.
- Set up and manage volunteer tasks such as peer-to-peer text campaigns.
- Support maintenance of and engagement in member Slack spaces.
Skills and Attributes
- The mindset of our staff impacts our work. Possession of the following attributes will help you be successful on our team: flexibility, honesty, humor, positive attitude, inclusivity, and open-mindedness. We work hard and are action oriented in our approach to solutions.
- Ability to connect with people from diverse backgrounds and life experience is essential.
- Openness to working with unlikely allies, which may include celebrities, business leaders or conservative partners.
- Clear, honest and consistent communication.
- Highly collaborative with the ability to work with people of different backgrounds and skill levels toward common goals.
- High attention to detail and high personal standards for work quality.
- Ability to think positively, problem solve and adapt to a changing landscape.
- Ability to think strategically and to execute.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Ability to track multiple projects at the same time and manage time well.
- Ability to be productive and engaged in a remote team (our staff is based in different locations across U.S.).
- Alignment with our core values and commitment to the vision of the Dream Corps.
- Demonstrated commitment to social/economic justice and equity.
- Minimum 1 year of professional experience in related fields.
- Knowledge of and experience working with a range of digital platforms including call tools, texting tools, CRMs, etc. (ie: Mobile Commons, Action Kit, Zoom, Slack)
- 1+ years experience with campaign organizing and/or distributed organizing.
- 1+ years experience with project management.
- Demonstrated facility with learning new tools and platforms.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work hard and effectively in a fast-paced new endeavor.
- Experience running the back end for public-facing webinars and other virtual events, and/or facilitating such events.
- Ability to work independently, while simultaneously acting as a leader and participant in complex collaborative processes.
- Strong relationship building skills and emotional intelligence.
- Flexible work style and interest in being part of a dynamic, evolving team and organization.
- Strongly preferred but not required:
- Experience working with these specific platforms: ActionKit, Mobile Commons, ThruText, Asana, Slack, Zoom.
- Experience using Slack as a community management tool.
- Experience with digital fundraising.
- Basic graphic design and/or video editing skills.
- Basic knowledge of HTML, CSS, and SQL.
- Experience with digital storytelling.
Dream Corps is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and encourages applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, sex, gender identity, age, disability, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status or record of arrest or conviction. We are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, and strive for a workforce that reflects the populations that we serve.