Reports to: Deputy Director of Engagement
Location: Bay Area preferred, open to remote working for right candidate
Salary Range: $74,000-90,000, Depending on Experience and Adjusted for Location
Dream Corps closes prison doors and opens doors of opportunity. We bring people together across racial, social, and partisan lines to create a future with freedom and dignity for all. We are working to build a future wherein "we the people" means all of us.
Green For All fights for a world that is green for all, not green for some. We work at the intersection of environmental, economic, and racial justice movements to advance solutions to poverty and pollution.
Green For All seeks an experienced Digital Engagement Manager to lead a robust digital engagement and organizing strategy. This includes email and SMS writing, list growth, digital advocacy, database management and reporting, creation of resources for digital days of action, setting up digital tools and building action pages, teaching other staff how to use digital tools, and updating website content. This position will manage a Digital Organizer and will be managed by the Deputy Director of Engagement. They will work closely with federal and state campaign managers on but not limited to a green economic recovery and equitable clean transportation and energy policies.
Develop and deploy digital strategies for Green For All
- Responsible for creating and implementing strategy for email, SMS, petitions, and other creative digital tactics to advance national, state and local campaigns and build our base of supporters.
- Work with the Communications team to clearly communicate stories and move people to action.
- Support healthy maintenance of digital infrastructure and platforms including data maintenance.
- Monitor, track and analyze campaign metrics.
Manage and support volunteer network development
- Manage the Digital Organizer and guide the creation of a robust volunteer network.
- Work with the digital organizer, federal and state campaign managers to develop online and offline organizing opportunities.
Manage Mobile Program
- Manage mobile program across all Dream Corps program areas: Green For All, #cut50, Dream Corps TECH, and general Dream Corps action and fundraising alerts.
- Write and approve copy for broadcasts across program areas
- Create regular reports on SMS performance and recommend improvements.
- Work with Engagement and program teams to build mobile list.
- Keep up with mobile trends, compliance and best practices to ensure we are using platforms to best potential
Skills and Attributes
- The mindset of our staff impacts our work. Possession of the following attributes will help you be successful on our team: flexibility, honesty, humor, positive attitude, inclusivity, and open-mindedness. We work hard and are action oriented in our approach to solutions.
- Ability to connect with people from diverse backgrounds and life experience is essential.
- Openness to working with unlikely allies, which may include celebrities, business leaders or conservative partners.
- Clear, honest and consistent communication.
- Highly collaborative with the ability to work with people of different backgrounds and skill levels toward common goals.
- High attention to detail and high personal standards for work quality.
- Ability to think positively, problem solve and adapt to a changing landscape.
- Ability to think strategically and to execute.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Ability to track multiple projects at the same time and manage time well.
- Ability to be productive and engaged in a remote team (our staff is based in different locations across U.S.).
- Minimum 3-4 years of digital campaign experience working on state or national, issue-based campaigns with a strong preference for racial and economic justice, climate, transportation, or clean energy issues.
- Proven experience designing, executing and tracking digital advocacy programs.
- Ability to synthesize and clearly community complex information for diverse and mass audiences (i.e.., volunteers, partners, funders, media)
- Experience using CRM tools (i.e., ActionKit and Salesforce)
- Experience using SMS tools for communications and/or advocacy.
- Expert knowledge of the latest online tools and emerging technologies. Ability to train a team on best practices and tools.
- 1 year management experience (staff, intern, or volunteers).
- Demonstrated project management experience with the ability to juggle multiple campaigns at once.
- Familiarity with analytics, metrics tools and multivariate (A/B) testing.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work hard and effectively in a fast-paced new endeavor.
- Flexible work style and interest in being part of a dynamic, evolving team and organization
- Strong background in social/economic justice and equity.
- Strongly preferred but not required:
- Basic knowledge of HTML, CSS, and SQL a plus.
- Management of ThruText and Mobile Commons
- Knowledge of energy and climate policy or labor/jobs and workforce issues with a commitment and ability to analyze and advocate for policy using a racial and economic justice lens
- Digital storytelling
- Online fundraising experience
Dream Corps is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and encourages applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, sex, gender identity, age, disability, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status or record of arrest or conviction. We are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, and strive for a workforce that reflects the populations that we serve.