Reports to: Dream Corps Engagement Manager
Location: Bay Area preferred, open to remote working for right candidate
Salary Range: $58,000-74,000, Depending on Experience and Adjusted for Location
Dream Corps closes prison doors and opens doors of opportunity. We bring people together across racial, social, and partisan lines to create a future with freedom and dignity for all. We are working to build a future wherein "we the people" means all of us.
Green For All fights for a world that is green for all, not green for some. We work at the intersection of environmental, economic, and racial justice movements to advance solutions to poverty and pollution.
Green For All is looking for an experienced Digital Organizer to develop a distributed network of volunteers, help plan and execute online campaigns and events, and support robust digital strategies that shape the national dialogue and advance a bold strategy for building an inclusive green economy. The Digital Organizer will support building capacity and executing tactics for campaigns including but not limited to: green economic recovery, equitable clean transportation and energy policies. The position is managed by the Engagement Manager and works closely with state and federal campaign managers on campaign strategy, and the Senior Engagement Manager on network strategy.
Support Digital Advocacy Needs
- Develop original and compelling content, such as emails, petitions, campaign scripts, shareable graphics, blogs and text blasts to activate supporters, allies, and volunteers.
- Support design and implementation of digital organizing strategies that advance campaign goals and build our base of supporters
- Identify organizing opportunities to escalate campaigns and assist or lead rapid response actions, including mobilizing supporters to take action online and offline
- Track and regularly report on analytics to inform campaign success
Volunteer Network Development
- Create pathways and a ladder of engagement for supporters, alumni fellows and storytellers to meaningfully participate in campaigns.
- With the support of the Engagement Manager, develop and maintain a volunteer network of volunteers using traditional and innovative organizing tactics
- Perform recruitment tactics: phone and text banks, email outreach, relational organizing, and volunteer meetings. .
- Develop policy and advocacy curriculum, tools and resources needed to train and support Green For All volunteers.
Issue Education, Storytelling and Event Organizing
- Develop materials and provide issue education (i.e. teach-ins, workshops, webinars) to cultivate local leaders and volunteers to be effective advocates.
- Work with the communication and engagement teams to build a strong storybank and elevate the voices of directly impacted people.
- Support planning and facilitation of distributed town halls and listening sessions.
Skills and Attributes
- The mindset of our staff impacts our work. Possession of the following attributes will help you be successful on our team: flexibility, honesty, humor, positive attitude, inclusivity, and open-mindedness. We work hard and are action oriented in our approach to solutions.
- Ability to connect with people from diverse backgrounds and life experience is essential.
- Openness to working with unlikely allies, which may include celebrities, business leaders or conservative partners.
- Clear, honest and consistent communication.
- Highly collaborative with the ability to work with people of different backgrounds and skill levels toward common goals.
- High attention to detail and high personal standards for work quality.
- Ability to think positively, problem solve and adapt to a changing landscape.
- Ability to think strategically and to execute.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Ability to track multiple projects at the same time and manage time well.
- Ability to be productive and engaged in a remote team (our staff is based in different locations across U.S.).
- Minimum 2 years of digital organizing experience working on state or national, issue-based campaigns with a strong preference for racial and economic justice, climate, transportation, or clean energy issues.
- Experience building volunteer networks from the ground up
- Proven ability to recruit, train and build leadership among volunteers to effectively grow campaign capacity.
- Knowledge of and experience working with a range of digital platforms including call tools, texting tools, CRMs, etc. (ie: Mobile Commons, Action Kit, ThruText, Zoom, Slack)
- Knowledge of energy and climate policy or labor/jobs and workforce issues with a commitment and ability to analyze and advocate for policy using a racial and economic justice lens.
- Ability to synthesize and clearly communicate complex information for diverse and mass audiences (e.g., volunteers, partners, future supporters)
- Track record of successfully moving a project from goals to effective execution
- Ability to work independently, while simultaneously acting as a leader and participant in complex collaborative processes
- Flexible work style and interest in being part of a dynamic, evolving team and organization.
- Program evaluation and qualitative and quantitative data tracking.
- Dynamic public speaking, training and facilitation skills.
- Strongly preferred but not required:
- Experience working with these specific platforms: ActionKit, Mobile Commons, ThruText, Asana, Slack, Zoom.
- Experience with digital storytelling.
- Experience leading distributed events (in person and online)
Dream Corps is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and encourages applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, sex, gender identity, age, disability, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status or record of arrest or conviction. We are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, and strive for a workforce that reflects the populations that we serve.