Reports to: Deputy Director of Membership and Strategic Engagement
Location: Remote. Our offices are located in Oakland, CA.
Salary Range: 60-78k, Depending on Experience. This range is adjusted for location
Dream Corps closes prison doors and opens doors of opportunity. We bring people together across racial, social, and partisan lines to create a future with freedom and dignity for all. We are working to build a future wherein "we the people" means all of us.
JUSTICE is a bipartisan effort to cut crime and incarceration across all 50 states. We bring together leaders impacted by the criminal justice system with unlikely allies spanning the political divide to push for criminal justice solutions.
GREEN For All fights for a world that is green for all, not green for some. We work at the intersection of environmental, economic, and racial justice movements to advance solutions to poverty and pollution.
Dream Corps TECH cultivates future leaders and entrepreneurs from underrepresented backgrounds across the country. We are creating a pipeline of diverse talent that will shift the culture of the tech sector.
Dream Corps is hiring a Digital Community Coordinator with 1-4 years experience to help build and maintain a community where our members can build relationships with each other, participate in political education, and sharpen their activism and advocacy skills. The Digital Community Coordinator will be supervised by the Deputy Director of Membership and Strategic Engagement and will work with the Senior Digital Organizer and the Arts & Culture Organizer to create an engaging, generative community space that supports Dream Corps goals.
Design, build, and maintain a member Slack workspace as a home for Dream Corps Members.
- Using our existing infrastructure, build a vibrant, engaged virtual member community where members can become leaders
- provide support for new and existing members
- help drive conversations and engagement in the space as members become acquainted with it
- create personalized experiences for members joining via specific programs or events
In partnership with other engagement team members and program staff, create engaging content for the network, ensure a regular drumbeat of interaction, and support leadership development.
- work on community strategy with Deputy Director of Membership and Strategic Engagement and Senior Digital Organizer.
- establish and maintain a schedule for communicating with the network that supports the growth of the community and program goals, and catalyzes their engagement/activity
Member relationships and experience.
- Monitor and respond to incoming communications from members
- Track and report on community engagement & metrics
Skills and Attributes
- Knowledgeable. Has 1-4 years experience managing an online community
- Charismatic and authentic. Able to connect with individuals and build alliances among a wide range of viewpoints. Works well with diverse and/or marginalized populations; can bring in allies across diverse communities
- Excellent communicator. Able to constructively engage with any conflict that might arise in the space. Understands the value of listening and has a high level of emotional intelligence.
- Results oriented. Able to gauge and track community engagement and suggest & implement improvements.
- Committed to collaboration. At Dream Corps we are committed to using our established communication tools as a way to build relationships and create a future that is good for us all.
- The mindset of our staff impacts our work. Possession of the following attributes will help you be successful on our team: flexibility, honesty, humor, inclusivity, and open-mindedness. We work hard and are action oriented in our approach to solutions.
- 1-4 years of experience in related field(s) required.
- Knowledge of and experience with working in digital community. Slack experience required.
- Comfortable facilitating virtual meetings, events, and/or trainings. Digital event production experience is strongly preferred.
- Experience developing curriculum, trainings, and ladders of engagement preferred.
- Experience using ActionKit or another similar advocacy-focused CRM and/or Salesforce preferred.
- Quick learner, comfortable iterating ideas.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Communicate effectively in digital environments.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work hard and effectively in a fast-paced new endeavor.
- Ability to work independently, while simultaneously acting as a leader and participant in complex collaborative processes
- Strong relationship building skills
- Flexible work style and interest in being part of a dynamic, evolving team and organization
- Strong background in social/economic justice and equity
Dream Corps is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and encourages applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, sex, gender identity, age, disability, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status or record of arrest or conviction. We are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, and strive for a workforce that reflects the populations that we serve.