Reports to: Senior National Director, Green for All
Salary Range: $73,000 - $95,000, Depending on Experience and Location
Dream Corps closes prison doors and opens doors of opportunity. We bring people together across racial, social, and partisan lines to create a future with freedom and dignity for all. We are working to build a future wherein "we the people" means all of us.
Green For All fights for a world that is green for all, not green for some. We work at the intersection of environmental, economic, and racial justice movements to advance solutions to poverty and pollution.
The Green Jobs Program Manager will be responsible for managing corporate workforce development partnerships and includes the associated planning, design, tracking and reporting of key metrics and deliverables. The position will also support the activities of the Green For All Business Council. This Green For All team member may oversee the workflow of Green For All Associates, Assistants, and Interns.
- Manage major corporate partnership consisting of scholarship and green jobs cohort planning processes and implementation
- Coordinate application development, recruitment, and supportive services
- Lead coordination, program development, evaluation, and communications for the scholarships and green jobs cohort
- Support and manage activities related to the Green For All Business Council
- Oversee reporting of corporate partner data and metrics into the CRM system
- Assist in the hiring of a Green For All associate and assistants
- Work quickly to address and resolve corporate partner and/or cohort participant needs
- Propose cross-functional solutions when applicable
- Serves as supportive liaison with new and existing corporate partners
- Provide effective leadership, management and supervision of policy & research staff, interns, and/or consultants.
- Participate in strategic annual planning and regular campaign planning.
- Participate in regular Green For All team meetings, Dream Corps all-staff meetings, quarterly and annual retreats, etc.
- Contribute towards a positive, productive, and collaborative working environment.
- Model organizational core values of solutions, servant leadership, and soul.
- Remain accountable for position responsibilities and develop ongoing individual leadership and talent plans.
- Be responsive to incoming communications (inbox, slack channel, etc) during normal working hours.
- Keep Salesforce, Shared Drive, and Asana updated in a timely manner for effective information sharing in our remote culture.
- Identify opportunities to uplift our Senior National Director and Green For All’s visibility and brand awareness
- Support implementation and adherence with all other organizational policies and procedures.
Must be willing and able to travel occasionally (estimated 10-15%), including for in-person staff meetings and retreats in California, upon safely resuming in-person travel.
Skills and Attributes
- Commitment to collaboration. At Dream Corps we are committed to using our established communication tools as a way to build relationships and create a future that is good for us all.
- The mindset of our staff impacts our work. Possession of the following attributes will help you be successful on our team: flexibility, honesty, humor, inclusivity, and open-mindedness. We work hard and are action oriented in our approach to solutions.
- Ability to connect with people from diverse backgrounds and life experience is essential.
We are especially interested in candidates who have experience in program management, have strong written and verbal communications skills, and a passion for bridging divides and bringing people together. Candidates who have been personally impacted by climate disruption, environmental racism, and/or economic oppression; or have spent significant time living and working in communities impacted by these issues are strongly encouraged to apply.
- A strong demonstrated commitment to racial and economic justice is required.
- Bachelor's degree in Policy, Sustainability, Business Management, or a similar field.
- 4-6 years of program and/or project management experience
- Experience leading multiple projects that involve significant stakeholder interaction.
- Experience leading and providing direction to junior staff and partner stakeholders
- Knowledge of green finance/impact investment strategies
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to build and maintain relationships
- Proficient in customer relationship management (CRM) and project management systems like Salesforce and Asana
- Strong work ethic and ability to work hard and effectively in a fast-paced new endeavor.
- Ability to work independently, while simultaneously acting as a leader and participant in complex collaborative processes
- Strong relationship building skills
- Flexible work style and interest in being part of a dynamic, evolving team and organization
All full-time employees receive Medical, Dental & Vision coverage. Dream Corps pays 100% of premiums for employee, spouse and dependents. Part-time employees receive 50% coverage. After a 6 month waiting period, employees can contribute to our retirement plan. Currently, Dream Corps offers up to a 5% match. We also offer a flexible spending, pre-tax program for medical expenses, dependent care expenses, transit expenses and parking expenses. All full-time Dream Corps employees accrue 4 weeks of vacation time off and 12 days of sick time off over the first year of employment. Part-time employees accrue time off on a prorated basis. In addition to 10 paid holidays, Dream Corps also provides paid time off from December 24th through January 1st each year.
Dream Corps is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and encourages applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, sex, gender identity, age, disability, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status or record of arrest or conviction. We are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, and strive for a workforce that reflects the populations that we serve.