Reports to: Senior National Director, Green For All
Location: Oakland, CA or Remote with a preference for candidates who are in the Pacific Standard Time Zone
Salary Range: $54-64k, based on Oakland cost-of-living range is adjusted for location.
Dream Corps closes prison doors and opens doors of opportunity. We bring people together across racial, social, and partisan lines to create a future with freedom and dignity for all. We are working to build a future wherein "we the people" means all of us.
Green For All fights for a world that is green for all, not green for some. We work at the intersection of environmental, economic, and racial justice movements to advance solutions to poverty and pollution.
Green For All (G4A) seeks a motivated, tech-saavy, detail-oriented, and highly organized full-time Special Projects Assistant to support the Senior National Director and the G4A program. The Special Projects Assistant’s primary role is to ensure G4A leadership are able to advance our highest priorities by managing schedules, preparing materials, backgrounders, and briefing memos, coordinating across the team to gather and disseminate key information, conducting data entry, and providing special project support. This is an excellent opportunity for a detail-oriented person with strong written and verbal communication skills who wants to learn more about nonprofit program management or Green For All issues, and is looking for an entry level or early career job with potential to grow.
- Provide dedicated support to the Senior National Director to manage calendars and schedules for both internal and external meetings, as well as work blocks and approval requests.
- Assist leadership in an as needed basis in managing calendars and schedules for both internal and external meetings, as well as workblocks and approval requests.
- Conduct professional correspondence on behalf of leadership, as requested.
- Review incoming scheduling and booking requests, conduct preliminary research to evaluate opportunities, ensure timely response and coordination for scheduling, and calendar appointments have all necessary information.
- Schedule team meetings, ensure the agenda is set, take notes and track important decisions and next steps.
- Provide planning, logistical, and facilitation support for staff meetings, retreats, planning and other special projects.
- Produce weekly program updates for all staff with a summary of major activities and deliverables.
- Support program consistency on using project management tools, managing workflows and approvals, and tracking deliverables.
- Support program consistency on importing new contacts into databases and keeping contact records up-to-date.
- Assist with other administrative procedures such as processing contracts, expense reimbursements, vendor payments, etc.
- Track external event opportunities, highlighting speaking and networking opportunities for relevant staff, particularly to elevate the profile of the Senior National Director.
- Booking travel and lodging arrangements.
- Providing event support including managing venues and logistics.
- Assisting with Green For All new hire process, scheduling interviews and prepping materials for the hiring committees.
- Act as a surrogate for the Senior National Director in internal meetings as directed. Take notes, report back to the National Director.
Policy and Communications
- Assist with background research and preparing materials in advance of key meetings and events.
- Support Senior National Director on evaluating new potential projects, including launching programs for workers, entrepreneurs, storytellers, community leaders, and volunteers.
- Ensure the Senior National Director maintains excellent relationships with all high-level partners for our work.
- Work with the Communications and Development teams on key fundraising and media relationships, and with the program leadership team on maintaining organizational and political partnerships.
- Draft strategic communications for the Senior National Director, including emails, speeches, press quotes, powerpoint presentations, social media posts, etc, to be shared with key stakeholders or shared publicly.
- The mindset of our staff impacts our work. We work hard and are action oriented in our approach to solutions. Possession of the following attributes will help you be successful on our team: flexibility, honesty, confidentiality, humor, inclusivity, and open-mindedness.
- Eagerness to learn new things, and get outside of your comfort zone in order to grow. Beginner’s mindset with drive to hit ambitious goals.
- No-job-too-small, roll-up-your-sleeves, can-do attitude. Good at learning on the job, resourceful at finding solutions and learning new skills, knows when to ask for clarification or help.
- Ability to carve out time for the behind-the-scenes but important work, even while working in a fast-paced team with multiple priorities and urgent opportunities.
- Proactive, sees what needs to be done and makes it happen. Always looking for new projects and ways to contribute.
- Ability to connect with people from diverse backgrounds and life experience, including people from both sides of the political aisle and different sectors, is essential.
- Deep personal commitment to environmental, economic, and racial justice
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent 4 years of work experience, in a related field.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills
- Ability to manage time effectively and manage multiple priorities
- Ability to work independently effectively with a remote team and remain highly communicative and accountable
- Tech savvy (proficiency with Google applications, video conferencing platforms, calendaring systems, etc. Experience using Salesforce, Slack and Asana a plus!)
- Familiarity with Green For All issues (climate, clean energy, transportation or green jobs/labor) or direct life experience being impacted by poverty or pollution is a plus
- Receptive to feedback and eager to seek opportunities for growth
To apply for this position:
In your cover letter, please tell us 1) Why you want to work with us and 2) How your background, values, skills, and experience would contribute to our team. Please do NOT retell us your resume in narrative form. Instead use your cover letter to tell us something we wouldn’t know from your resume.
This full-time salaried position will work remotely or from the Oakland, CA office. Reliable access to an internet connection and willingness to spend significant time working from a computer will be necessary to perform this job.
All full-time employees receive Medical, Dental & Vision coverage. Dream Corps pays 100% of premiums for employee, spouse and dependents. Part-time employees receive 50% coverage. After a 6 month waiting period, employees can contribute to our retirement plan. Currently, Dream Corps offers up to a 5% match. We also offer a flexible spending, pre-tax program for medical expenses, dependent care expenses, transit expenses and parking expenses. All full-time Dream Corps employees accrue 4 weeks of vacation time off and 12 days of sick time off over the first year of employment. Part-time employees accrue time off on a prorated basis. In addition to 10 paid holidays, Dream Corps also provides paid time off from December 24th through January 1st each year.
Dream Corps is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and encourages applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, sex, gender identity, age, disability, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status or record of arrest or conviction. We are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, and strive for a workforce that reflects the populations that we serve.