Reports to: Deputy Director of Programs, Green For All
Location: Oakland, CA or Remote
Salary Range: $50k-62k, based on Oakland cost-of-living range is adjusted for location
Dream Corps closes prison doors and opens doors of opportunity. We bring people together across racial, social, and partisan lines to create a future with freedom and dignity for all. We are working to build a future wherein "we the people" means all of us.
Green For All fights for a world that is green for all, not green for some. We work at the intersection of environmental, economic, and racial justice movements to advance solutions to poverty and pollution.
Green For All seeks a motivated, tech-savvy, detail-oriented, and highly organized full-time Program Assistant to support the Deputy Director of Programs and the Green For All program. The Program Assistant’s primary role is to provide administrative, operational, and logistical support to the Green For All program with a special focus on supporting Green For All operations and procurement. This could include overseeing the team’s key organizational systems to ensure efficiency, coordinating across program teams, managing contracts and relationships with external partners, and providing additional project-specific support. This is an excellent opportunity for a detail-oriented person with strong written and verbal communication skills who wants to learn more about nonprofit program management or Green For All issues, and is looking for an entry level or early career job with potential to grow.
Procurement and Contract Management:
- Support Green For All’s overall procurement strategy by liaising with finance, operations, and Green For All program staff
- Maintain strong, highly professional relationships with Green For All partners, contractors, and consultants
- Carefully monitor and process sub-grants, contracts, and associated paperwork, and manage vendor payments in a timely manner
Program Coordination and Administrative Support:
- Work closely with Communications, Engagement, and Development teams to maintain updated systems, coordinate work plans and timelines, and manage key organizational and political relationships.
- Support program consistency on using project management tools, managing workflows and approvals processes, and tracking deliverables.
- Support the Community Partnerships and Unity Dialogue managers on a project by project basis, including research, logistical, outreach, tech and Salesforce database support.
- Support planning and coordination for staff meetings, retreats, and other special projects.
- Assist with Green For All new hire process, scheduling interviews, and prepping materials for the hiring committees.
- Offer scheduling support for the Deputy Director, Community Partnerships Manager, and Unity Dialogues Manager.
- Support program consistency on importing new contacts and keeping contact records up-to-date.
- Provide event support including managing venues and logistics.
- Book travel and lodging arrangements for key events.
Communications and Research Support:
- Track relevant media, breaking news stories, and industry trends to disseminate to relevant team members.
- Assist with background research and preparing materials in advance of key meetings and events.
- Assist with creation of communications materials, including social media posts, press quotes, powerpoint presentations, and other content.
- Support Deputy Director on evaluating new potential projects, including launching programs for storytellers, community leaders, and volunteers.
- The mindset of our staff impacts our work. We work hard and are action oriented in our approach to solutions. Possession of the following attributes will help you be successful on our team: flexibility, honesty, confidentiality, humor, inclusivity, and open-mindedness.
- Eagerness to learn new things, and get outside of your comfort zone in order to grow. Beginner’s mindset with drive to hit ambitious goals.
- No-job-too-small, roll-up-your-sleeves, can-do attitude. Good at learning on the job, resourceful at finding solutions and learning new skills, knows when to ask for clarification or help, and thrives on finding ways to streamline processes and increase program efficiency.
- Ability to carve out time for the behind-the-scenes but important work, even while working in a fast-paced team with multiple priorities and urgent opportunities.
- Proactive, sees what needs to be done and makes it happen. Always looking for new projects and ways to contribute.
- Ability to connect with people from diverse backgrounds and life experience, including people from both sides of the political aisle and different sectors, is essential.
- Deep personal commitment to environmental, economic, and racial justice
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent 4 years of work experience, in a related field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills
- Ability to manage time effectively and manage multiple priorities
- Ability to work independently effectively with a remote team and remain highly communicative and accountable
- Tech savvy (proficiency with Google applications, video conferencing platforms, calendaring systems, etc. Experience using Salesforce, Slack and Asana a plus!)
- Familiarity with Green For All issues (climate, clean energy, transportation, or green jobs/labor) or direct life experience being impacted by poverty or pollution is a plus
- Receptive to feedback and eager to seek opportunities for growth
To apply for this position:
In your cover letter, please tell us 1) Why you want to work with us and 2) How your background, values, skills, and experience would contribute to our team. Please do NOT retell us your resume in narrative form. Instead use your cover letter to tell us something we wouldn’t know from your resume.
This full-time salaried position will work remotely or from the Oakland, CA office. Reliable access to an internet connection and willingness to spend significant time working from a computer will be necessary to perform this job.
All full-time employees receive Medical, Dental & Vision coverage. Dream Corps pays 100% of premiums for employee, spouse and dependents. Part-time employees receive 50% coverage. After a 6 month waiting period, employees can contribute to our retirement plan. Currently, Dream Corps offers up to a 5% match. We also offer a flexible spending, pre-tax program for medical expenses, dependent care expenses, transit expenses and parking expenses. All full-time Dream Corps employees accrue 4 weeks of vacation time off and 12 days of sick time off over the first year of employment. Part-time employees accrue time off on a prorated basis. In addition to 10 paid holidays, Dream Corps also provides paid time off from December 24th through January 1st each year.
Dream Corps is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and encourages applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, sex, gender identity, age, disability, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status or record of arrest or conviction. We are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, and strive for a workforce that reflects the populations that we serve.