Status: Full-time, 8-Week Training
Start Date: April 6, 2020
Location: Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN
Dream Corps Tech, a program of Dream Corps, cultivates future leaders and entrepreneurs from underrepresented backgrounds across the country. We are creating a pipeline of diverse talent that will shift the culture of the tech sector.
Dream Corps Tech (formally #YesWeCode) is launching its coveted Tech Training Cohort in Minneapolis and St. Paul starting on April 6th. By partnering with corporate and community organizations in the local area, Dream Corps Tech will provide approximately (10-15) participants a unique opportunity to train and learn skills directly related to roles they will fill for partnering organizations. That’s right … guaranteed job placements! This program is specially designed for individuals from marginalized communities willing to immerse themselves in a proven learning environment.
HOW IT WORKS
· LEARN: Get over 300 hours of FREE technical skills training, soft skills training, free equipment, and a monthly stipend
· NETWORK: Mix and Mingle with a network of Tech industry professionals and mentors
· EARN: Interview and full-time job placement within a local company
· BUILD: Social capitol as well as a community of support in navigating the tech industry
· Bachelor Degree preferred (not required)
· Must have demonstrated introductory computer coding skills
· Must be able to legally work in the U.S.
· Must be an MSP resident with ability to travel to training in MSP
· Must have demonstrated interest in software engineering
· Must be available 30 - 40 hours/week (Monday – Friday) for 8-weeks beginning in April 2020
· Must be committed to volunteering time to mentor other program participants upon completion of the program
Your application was submitted successfully.